3 strategies to build a strong customer journey
Is your marketing guiding customers through their decision-making process?
During our last coffee date, Sue and Kristi talked about marketing with your customer journey in mind. Here are key takeaways you can start implementing today. And if you want to hear everything Sue and Kristi talked about, scroll down to watch the full replay!
1. Define your customers
Know your customer in and out before mapping your journey.
- Get really clear on who you’re building your customer journey for and build buyer personas.
- Ask yourself: How old are they? What is their income? What are their interests and lifestyle? Where can you find them? Where are they spending their time online?
- Target the persona that makes you the most profit and has the greatest positive impact on your business.
2. Put yourself in your customer’s shoes
Move through the different touchpoints of your customer journey from your customer’s perspective.
- Take a look at your website from your customer’s perspective. You need to make sure it’s updated, that your branding is consistent, and that you have clear calls to action.
- Identify any gaps or barriers when you’re going from one touch point to another. For example, if they are on your website and want to check out your social media account, is it easy for them to do so?
- Ask yourself “Now What?”. When a customer leaves your website, what happens next? Are they being retargeted? Are they getting information to help them make a decision or take that next step?
3. Invest in Reputation Management
Reputation management is all about making sure you have good reviews and social proof.
- Have a plan to make sure people will see positive reviews and social proof when they do research about you.
- Ask for reviews, testimonials, referrals or feedback surveys as part of your customer journey.
- If you get negative reviews, address them – don’t ignore or delete them and never let the fear of negative reviews stop you from achieving positive ones.
Map your customer journey
Now it’s time to get to work and map your customer journey!
That being said, we completely understand if you don’t have the time or the expertise to do so and that’s where we come in. We’ve got the tools, strategies, and experts to map and build out a customer journey that will get you results.
Interested in working with us?
Watch the full coffee date replay
Join our next coffee date! ☕
Sign-up to our email list and never miss a coffee date.
Suzanne is the CEO of Shout Media, and an expert in developing digital strategies. Social and Digital Media are her strengths and creating engaging marketing campaigns for clients is her passion. She also works one-on-one with Shout Media’s marketing, web, digital, social, and design departments on a daily basis. With over a decade of experience working with hundreds of clients, Suzanne is a true Jill-of-all-Trades.
3 Key Takeaways from the #ReadySetGrow TikTok Summit🔥
When you’re planning your next marketing campaign, ask yourself which generation you’re trying to reach and try using some of these generation-specific strategies!
Brand awareness now means more profits later: 6 tips to build brand awareness
The consumer path to conversion is a journey, and one that starts with brand awareness. With the right marketing strategy, increased brand awareness translates into increased profits by having a positive effect on future conversions.
Surviving the lockdown! Marketing tips for businesses most impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
While your customers may not be walking through your doors these days, there are ways for them to still spend money with you. We’ve put together a list of simple practical marketing tips for businesses that are most impacted when people stay home.